Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator queston?

Basically I'm wondering what radiators will work in my 82 gl wagon. With ea81. The junkyard has an 85 , 87 and an 88. Do these have the same radiator? Is there any parts from these cars that are the same from 82? Rear bumper possibly? What about turning lights and brake lights ? If any parts would swap right over with bolt in ease?

if the 85-87-and 88 were ea82's, the radiator is different. There were ea81 still from 85-89 with hatchbacks, and thru 87 with brats, Hatchback is not to be confused with 'coupe' or '3-door' for 86-90. The parts listings for 85-89 can be mixed up with ea81 and ea82 as they overlapped in tose years. This if you are relying on listings, otherwise if you visit these cars at the yard, it will be obvious which ones would match with the same hood and grille style as your 82 wagon.

Anea82 radiator can be made to fit, if necessary. Use a flex-o hose for the lower, and use the ea81 hose for the upper. you will have to ground the thermo switch to the body.

you might have to make some holes to or use zip ties to mount it, or get creative, but it will mostly fit there like it should.

Right on good to know thanks! Another question? Have you dealt with swapping a webber onto the ea81? Where the stock carb bolts onto my intake Manifold is apparently two studs and the gasket is oval shaped where the webber is a rectangular base with four holes for bolts. Is there an adapter for this manifold or would i need a different one?