Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Loyale Wagon

sull

Thanks. I was wondering what the official color was called.... as opposed to "BN" for brown on title.

Yeah it's my favorite color out of the available options. I have a white one too that I am selling this week to someone from Vermont. ( http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4274999225.html )

It's a 4WD 5spd with 112k miles. undercoated... just about rust free.

I am looking to replace the exhaust. Not sure if I should keep it base or try something more interesting.

Edited by sull

Even if it appears rust free, make sure you check for soft spots where the rocker meets the floor pan, and also in the rear wheel wells where the top of the coil-over bolts up. salt likes to sit in there and rust these out quick. 

As for tires, the largest you're going to find for a 13" rim (If you can find them) will be 185/70R13s with an overall diameter of about 24.3"

13" tire selection is becoming obsolete. You could step up to a 14" wheel from a Peugeot and get a tire thats about 25.6" in there without a lift kit. Anything closer to 27" and you will need to do some trimming to fit the tires in there without hitting going over bumps.

If you don't want to go with Peugeot wheels, try looking at this http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/128105-offcial-6-lug-re-drill-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1087335

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips.

I had been looking around for Peugeot wheels... 

Nobody I have reached out to wants to mess with doing wheel conversion for me on this "vintage" car (I dont have the proper tools yet).

Still thinking on it.

I just did full tune up and belts, muffler, alternator, fuel filter, FI cleaned.

Runs great except dies on hills so prob EGR valve issue which i'll look into next.