Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 turbo heads for sale

I've got a set of EA82 turbo heads off of my 1987 GL-10 wagon. Motor lost a rod bearing in the bottom end, but there was no sign of failure from the top end. Includes intake, fuel rails, etc....

Finally did the EJ22 swap after doing one on my Vanagon, so I don't need these goodies anymore!

Make me an offer, I was thinking in the neighborhood of $100. I am in the Portland area if you want to pick them up, since the cost of shipping would be atrocious.

• 7 months later...

It happens that the engine I am working on now has gen 2 heads.  What are the differences between the 1,2,3 generations?

From what I have seen (gen 2 vs gen 3), the only difference is the casting quality (probably higher pressure for gen 3?). I have read that there is more meat to the bridge area, to prevent cracks.. But I have both sitting on my bench and I can't see a measurable difference.

To the OP, each head will fit into a ~12$ flat rate USPS box. But not with the cam towers or any accessories.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

Hmm, you may have posted to the wrong forum section.

Here is a picture to explain the head generations.

CFHyzRH.jpg

If you are still willing to entertain the idea of shipping, I would be interested.

I have Photos of the Three, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/122276-the-bumble-beast/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1115736

... I have read that there is more meat to the bridge area, to prevent cracks...

Yep!

Kind Regards.