Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Considering 2007 Impreza 2.5i Sedan

I recently had to unexpectedly bid adieu to my beloved '94 Impreza.  Prior to that, I owned an '85 GL.  I love Subies and obviously have history with them, so I'd like to get another but don't have the budget for a newer one. 

I'm considering going to take a look at a 2007 Impreza 2.5i Sedan with about 67,000 miles. All I know right now is that it was recently inspected.  I was wondering if anyone had any insight into any sort of part wear and tear I should be aware of with this model at this mileage point.  I'm not skilled enough to do any sort of repairs or maintenence on my own, so I need to consider what sort of repairs might be in the future since I'll need to take it somewhere.  I know that timing belt and head gaskets might be an issue.  

Any advice or things to keep in mind would be much appreciated! 

You have 4 years and 40,000 miles before the timing belt is an issue with that car. 10 year / 105k mile change interval.

Head gasket leaks are common but with that engine no big deal as long as you keep an eye on fluid levels.

Make sure all 4 tires are same size brand and tread wear. If they just put two new tires on the front that's bad and it will need matching new tires for the rear.

Other than that, not much goes wrong with those at that mileage. Just make sure it isnt beat to hell. (Body damage and interior damage/wear)

How much are they asking for it?

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the response Fairtax.  That information is super helpful!

The carfax indicates that the vehicle had a minor accident.  It looks fine from the pictures both inside and out but of course that doesn't show everything.  I'm planning on seeing the car this weekend.  They are asking $10,895.  I will definitely have an independent mechanic check it out if I decide to move further. 

• 4 weeks later...