Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The time has come

sumoco

It took me three different gl wagons to find my long lost love but I have finally found my keeper,

86 gl wagon with a 5 speed d/r got her lifted on a cheap DIY lift mainly just so I could get her out of my driveway and drive it around, got some 31" tires on with 2" wheel spacers and a four inch lift( 2 stock 2diy lift and yes I extended my steering shaft). More to come as I modify and pictures as soon as I have all four wheels on

GET A BIGGER HAMMER.. seriously. i had to get a 15lb sledger to  massage the fire wall on my rig. they will rub on full lock but i still have most of my turning circle.

i have the same sort of offset as you.  flatten the pinch weld then proceed to beat the firewall in till the tires clear.

• Like 1

GET A BIGGER HAMMER.. seriously. i had to get a 15lb sledger to  massage the fire wall on my rig. they will rub on full lock but i still have most of my turning circle.

i have the same sort of offset as you.  flatten the pinch weld then proceed to beat the firewall in till the tires clear.

Awesome i was kind of hoping that someone would tell me that, i was just afraid that it would damage the integrity of my front end, but 15lb sledge it is :headbang:  

that's me and my dad's rebuild project it's a 66 ford country sedan station wagon (total oxymoron i know) it has a rebuilt hi pro 390 with 3 inch full dual range exhaust. need to get the gas tank refurbished and run a fuel line then she's ready for action

Went and did some much needed bashing today, but alas i think i need to jack her up 2-4 more inches for these tires to not be an issue, i may just go buy some 27's just so i can drive her around at least. Does anyone know how to get ahold of the beast i drive for his blueprints? i've tried messaging him but no luck so far.