Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T Series1 knock sensor module differences ?

jono

OK

22070 AA 002 ...from memory is the part number on my AUDM EA82T powered GLTA - 3 speed auto RX 4WD sedan if you like.

This number is the only choice listed in the 85-92 e parts catalogue yet, I have another sourced by the ever slaving T'subaru in a WA or OR wrecking yard

it is 22070 AA 012 ?

Or the one out of myAUDM.86 made Vortex FWD 5MT EA82T might be 22070 AA 020

The above boxes are found be undoing two turbo model specific extra screws inside passenger front door frame, beside glove box on sedans, or below radio on trans hump of Vortex. They are gold zinc metal boxes. All by Hitachi

Then I have another mysterious black plastic box sold to me ;unbeknowns that it was black plastic and by Nippon Denso.

Plug looks same as others . Suspect that as NZ got some Denso dizzies, it may have been from a NZD market.

The US sourced one has an extra wire to complete the plug pins, over the others.

Does anyone really know these KCMs?

The metal brackets have a number stamped into them, that corresponds an extra number on the labels.

I thought the only difference between LHD and RHD might have been the brackets as RHD has it on LHS, and LHS has it mounted RHS - then I found the extra wire.Still need to consult factory manuals

My books shows 5 different ones.

Would not suprise me if there are others.

22070 AA011 for non XTs 85-6

22070 AA020 for 1988 XT6s

22070 AA030 for 1987 XTs

42088 7000 for 83 ea81ts

42088 7100 for 84 ea81ts

My ea81t one is gold,IIRC.

I`m guessing the wire differences are because the altitude switch was relocated to the KCU from the ECU in a later version.

Just a guess though.

hey thanks, that helps the confusion. There is something in the part numbers with last digit being a revioon or something, second last being a squence of models ? That extra wire on mine looks heavier duty than a sensor...I'll need to check and confirm some numbers.....

• 4 weeks later...