Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What to use to clean and coat floor

I'm getting sick of the garbage aftermarket carpet that I bought a long time ago--it doesn't even fit because it isn't wide enough. So I want to just clean the heck out of my floor and coat with some sort of durable finish and then get rubber mats. With that said, I have two questions:

What would be good to clean the floor with? (something strong enough to get the remnants of the old carpet with its adhesive and all)

I don't want to coat it with just rhino liner type stuff on the inside, but I want something that is similar. I just don't want something that's so rough, something that will be easier to clean since it'll be on the interior. Is there something similar to bed liner that is smoother? (Or something that you guys know about that will suit my purposes better)

I have been thinking about the same thing! You must have bought the same aftermarket carpet kit I did. Has faded super fast and never fit quite right. I would have paid double for a proper fitting and dyed carpet kit! Forgot to even mention the rub pad by the gas pedal stuck my pedal to the floor a month ago. About 20 degrees outside and I pat the gas pedal twice and start the Brat. Tach screams to 6k in 2 seconds! Why it didn't sling a rod through the block I will never know. Took me two whole seconds to cut the ignition off. Another 5 minutes to figure out the problem was in the floor not under the hood. You may want to check yours too! Mine had came unstiched across the bottom and just caught the pedal.