Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How screwed is my subi?

Over the weekend it snowed in Washington. I had just got my 1984 gl all freshened up with new wheel bearing and cv axles. I went to my old schools parking lot which was super snowy and untouched. i had some fun doing awd skids but i got a little crazy. i couldn't see a curb hidden by a snow bank. i went sailing sideways towards a empty looking corner of the lot. BLAM! i hit the curb on my back tire at about 30 mph. As soon as i tired to drive away i knew somthing was wrong. the rear end keeps pulling out to the left and trying to skid me out. I'm at school and the cars at home so i drew this awesome sketch. How likely is it that i majorly screwed up something? i will post better pictures later. thanks. :(    7byq1fb.png?1

Edited by kirzick
  • Like 1

Sounds like fun, I just got done sliding around in the snow myself. 

But please get to know the difference between 4WD and AWD. Unless your EA81 truly had an AWD gear box.

You likely bent a rear trailing arm, maby even snapped the torsion bar,but that would have to be a hard hit.

Maby after school go ahead and crawl under your car and take a look for anything bent out of place.

Its best to replace bent parts with good used ones. The damaged metal will become weak and will easily bend back.

Edited by 81EA81

If you've managed to bend both rear wheels to a new angle you've "done things well".  Just not the type of well that you're after!

Depending on what you find it could be time for a new rear subframe.  But you could've just bent both rear swing arms - still a huge effort to do that!

Cheers

Bennie