Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy! New dude here

A half inch??? Whats the point? Haha. If you drill your hubs out to 6 lug, pound out two of the studs then put a 6 lug wheel on the remaining two studs and put your lug nuts on and tighten em down. Now mark the remaining holes to be drilled, take it apart drill out your holes, I just used a 9/16 drill bit you can find the right bit to be able to pound on the stud if you want. After they are drilled and if you decide to use the bigger bit and weld the backs of the studs put your wheel back on and tighten the two previous lug nuts. Now put the other 4 lugs through and put lug nuts on them and tighten them. Now weld the backs of the studs and this will insure the studs are lined up perfectly. See I didn't do it this way and had to bang the studs around on the car which led to a wheel bearing failing because I was in a rush. Lessons learned.

Your best bet is a 2" lift, dont have to throw the suspension out of whack, dont even have to extend the steering, but you can fit slightly larger tires which will give you even more ground clearance and it honestly looks stock

Or just bigger tires... EVERYONE says my car looks lifted... stock 185/70/13 tires upgraded to 205/60/15 (so not MUCH bigger) but the bigger wheels and tires give it a lifted appearance.