Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RockAuto Discount

• 3 weeks later...

I would not recommend Rockauto.

They sent me the wrong part, an MAF. I didnt realise this until my original MAF was returned a while later from an electronics company. Wanted to return it to Rockauto and they refused.  Even though they sent me a MAF for a Nissan. Expensive door stop.  Tony

I would not recommend Rockauto.

They sent me the wrong part, an MAF. I didnt realise this until my original MAF was returned a while later from an electronics company. Wanted to return it to Rockauto and they refused.  Even though they sent me a MAF for a Nissan. Expensive door stop.  Tony

No roach auto for me!

Three wrong parts.  The last one I had to pay for return shipping. 

It becomes too expencive to deal with them.

ya, you have to be careful with them.   Kind of have to research the part #'s before ordering them.   I had to replace a MAF on my '85 MPFI... Bought the wagon and the top of the MAF was missing.   I think the guy thought there was an air filter inside it !!!   Seriously.    The one's on RA did not look correct and seemed expensive... although cheaper than the dealer ... whom don't stock the part.

Found one at car-parts.com     I spoke to the guy at the salvage yard via tele... he read the part # directly from the MAF unit....   it matched... he shipped it... it works... $55.

arhhh but wait rdweninger.....what if the part number was correct and the part sent was incorrect?

Take my case.  the MAF part number on the EA82 MAF is clear on the electronic part, the sensor black unit. The housing was larger, not by much.

On the very very rare occasion part numbers,( in this case by Hitachi originally) were the same. however as the MAF was meant for a Nissan it was housed in a larger housing. I tried the unit in my vehicle without success. The internal were not the same.

In my case Rockauto amy well ahve made a error we could all make. Pick up a part and it has a certain part number and its thrown in the Subaru bin instead of Nissan bin. That's ok, thats human error. its the poor service following that which is deplorable.

Rockauto lacks honor and fairness.  I'd never deal with them on principle.