Ultimate Subaru Message Board

dual overhead cam locking tool?

Greasyfingers

It's not nessecary.  That one is generic and probably won't work on a EJ25d

This tool however is very useful.....http://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Phase-Sprocket-Tool-C23-504/dp/B009ZDIMC6/ref=pd_sim_auto_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AY0NQP77J15FWEDG8YM

But only really if you are removing the pulleys to replace seals....if just changing belts.....You don't really need either.

I've done 2-3 t-belt jobs on DOHC Subarus, I've never used one….

I've also never successfully threaded the belt on there without one cam jumping on me and causing frustration. I will buy one of these before the next DOHC t-belt job I do….. I may even spend the $$ and get the Subaru genuine tool…..

It's not nessecary.  That one is generic and probably won't work on a EJ25d

This tool however is very useful.....http://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Phase-Sprocket-Tool-C23-504/dp/B009ZDIMC6/ref=pd_sim_auto_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AY0NQP77J15FWEDG8YM

But only really if you are removing the pulleys to replace seals....if just changing belts.....You don't really need either.

i have these tools, and the jdm ones very good tools and worth the money if you do a couple a year..

my dad uses the old timing belt with huge vise grips to hold both wheels in place then braker bar... its getto but 15 years like that all ways worked for him, till i got these tools for him and me of course lol.