Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash clock flashing ACC & ERR

Hey , The clock is in the center of the dash with the thermometer and MPG display. Came out of the store today to see that my blinker was still going. Keys were in my pocket!! Wierd? Very. Called the Sudaru experts I got it from. They said its rare and they'll have to hook it up to the big diagnostic computer to be sure but, most likely the whole computer will have to be replaced. 600$ part two hours of labor. Tried unhooking the battery to see if that changed it. When I hooked it back up, the trunk wouldn't unlock with the in car unlock switches. Only with the trunk button on my keyless entry remote. How's that for wierd? Trev. Nothing in the owners manual about this.

Yeah they string everything together on networks these days. Makes it easier for the computers to talk back and forth.

And as unbelievable as it may sound, there are fewer wires involved. Only takes two wires to send a signal from one module to another. The problem now is, you have a separate module for every little thing.

Door lock module, power window module, sunroof module, power seat module, lighting module... everything electrical has a control module.

And if one of those modules decides to go haywire it can send signals to all the others and make all kinds of weird poo happen.

The trick is figuring out which module has gone off its rocker, which does usually require a high end scan tool, and some pretty extensive knowledge of how the system works.

Find out if they can track down a used module instead of paying big money for a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

When I googled this topic I got one result that made any sense at all. It was at just answers.com by an auto tech by the name of Mike V. He said that after 18 hours of trying to isolate this very problem he found an open clip under the drivers seat intended to power up low tire pressure sensors. But the 06 outback doesn't have that feature so it is just an open clip. When it gets corroded it sends funny signals back to the integrated control module. To fix this he suggests clipping the green wire with a yellow stripe on it. Sound crazy? I did it it worked. My blinkers no longer work with out the key in the ignition and there is no more ACC flashing on my clock display. Thank you Mike V at just answers.com!

• 10 months later...

I'm having this same issue in my 2006 subaru outback 2.5i.  ACC and ERR light on my info panel and draining my battery.  

I found the post saying to cut the green/yellow wire under the driver's seat that goes to the tire pressure monitor control system that this model does not have.  

Is there a way to do this without removing the driver's seat?

Where is this connector located under the seat?

Help

Thanks,

Chris

Slide the seat forward all the way and you'll find a small flap in the carpet under the seat. Usually the plug can be grabbed through there and pulled up.

Someone posted a picture of it here a while ago...

Google turned it up!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=13256

This is the thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/146486-flashing-acc-and-solid-err/

Edited by Fairtax4me

I'm having this same issue in my 2006 subaru outback 2.5i.  ACC and ERR light on my info panel and draining my battery.  

I found the post saying to cut the green/yellow wire under the driver's seat that goes to the tire pressure monitor control system that this model does not have.  

Is there a way to do this without removing the driver's seat?

Where is this connector located under the seat?

Help

Thanks,

Chris

Do you have the owners manaual as i think they cover this in there.

• 5 years later...

I’m 99% sure this is the problem I’m having with my Subaru. A couple weeks ago I spilled several gallons of water on the drivers side floor of my car. There was literally standing water I was poring out with a cup. Now my dash is blinking err or acc when the car isn’t on and it drains my battery so the car won’t start unless I jump it. I tried to find the green/yellow clip under my drivers seat but I didn’t have luck. There are 4 openings in my 06 outbacks under there. 2 appear to be for heat vents, 1 has a massive bundle of cords that come out of it but are covered in black plastic, and the last just appears to be a small hole. 

Can anyone provide guidance as to how to find the open tire pressure clip in more detail?