Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Split my 3rd inner axle boot in the past year today. Which could be because I keep using junkyard axles and $5 boot kits... but still starting to get on my nerves a bit. Cv grease on a hot cat stinks something bad!

I'd be interested in a set for the front for sure if they can handle even more of a lift than I currently have.

• Like 1

So update on the axels, these are the only ones that have the slip yoke. So 2000+. But they do sell new normal axels that work for the older stuff. Price will be around $150 ea. still worth it! And if your swap your old stuff over to newer could be quite a machine!

There the same number for each years.

Regular HERI # Slip Yoke HERI #

92100 22100

92505 22505

92200 22200

92276 22276

92276 is 90-01 my bad! Yeah that what i was hoping for i know there hundreds of people out there that eat through them like candy.. But i wonder how there new ea81 axles are!  

Once i finish my raised kingspring and 1" spacers on my forester im going to order some and test them out. i wanna know how much these things can really handle.

Edited by Prwa101

92276 is 90-01 my bad! Yeah that what i was hoping for i know there hundreds of people out there that eat through them like candy.. But i wonder how there new ea81 axles are!  

Once i finish my raised kingspring and 1" spacers on my forester im going to order some and test them out. i wanna know how much these things can really handle.

Front or rear?  How do the stock axles usually fail (torn boots, clicking)?

Front or rear?  How do the stock axles usually fail (torn boots, clicking)?

BF? So im assuming Back and Front?

The newer EJ style are stronger than the older EA which is much weaker. EA style come outa the box clicking sometimes. EJ die when a boot is tor, but the main application im looking at this new slip joint axle is lifting my forester with no sub frame drop. Stock Oem axles on my forester can handle around 2" of lift on the struts this would allow much more. 

• 4 weeks later...

2000+ axles have different spline count on the inner right?

The next phase for my car will likely involve an automagic trans, so ill keep this in mind.

This I will definitely try.

Apparently to much air in the boot is bad too.