Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt buckets for my DL..........

question...will buckets out of a XT fit into my 87DL,3dr..?????????

:eek::brow:

hey this is off topic but i got a question for ya, by chance a few days back did you have your car at Brian's Subaru in burien, because i saw a 3dr there the other day when my wagon was there.

i had a hunch that it was yours i was gonna post and ask the day i saw it but got bussy with my car.

but ya it looks like a nice rig ya got, where abouts in seattle are you located, oh and did you see a red wagon there with 2 rally lights on the front, on black steelie rims, and a CB antenna on it, if so that was my beast, i think it was in gettin timing belts redone, or the clutch put in.

Depending on which year of XT you get your seats from you may need to mess with them a bit. I had to have the brackets redone on my seats from an 88?? XT GL 2WD. It coulda been an 86... not sure.

I know XT6 seats are supposed to bolt right in, but the ones I have sure didnt. I had a shop redrill and modify my EA82 wagon rails so that I would retain all the height adjustment and stuff in the drivers seat.

XT seats are NOT supposed to bolt into an EA82. I've installed both styles of XT seats in 3 different EA82's and the setup was exactly the same on each one. Take the rails off of both sets of seats. Screw the front of the EA82 rails on the XT seats using the factory screws. For the back mounts, on the passenger seat, you'll need to either drill holes in the XT seat frame OR use something to bridge the gap between the holes in the seat rails and the holes in the seat frame. I used a piece of steel with holes in both ends.

On the back of the driver's seat you'll need to use the above piece of steel with holes in each end, and angled brackets to make the horizontal mounts on the seat rails bolt up to the vertical mounts on the seat frame. All these parts can be found at Lowe's for a few bucks, the steel pieces I used are called "mending plates."