Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intake gaskets... I know I know...

Yes I agree those look very much like OEM gaskets and went to buy some once... I then realised for that price OEM is the way to go!

Yes I agree those look very much like OEM gaskets and went to buy some once... I then realised for that price OEM is the way to go!

Yeah....but OE isn't goin to exist pretty soon....

Dealerships aren't going to keep ordering parts for 30 year old cars.....

Mark my words.........by 2016.......you won't be able to get any OE parts for EA cars at all.  Espescially EA81

Mark my words.........by 2016.......you won't be able to get any OE parts for EA cars at all.  Espescially EA81

What makes you so certain 2016?

Subaru has been under no obligation to supply EA81 parts for, many, many years!

Yeah....but OE isn't goin to exist pretty soon....

Dealerships aren't going to keep ordering parts for 30 year old cars.....

This thread will still be here, and I'll try to remember to find it in 2 years.

I don't think the sky is falling quite as quickly as you, but time will certainly tell.

Dan

What makes you so certain 2016?

Subaru has been under no obligation to supply EA81 parts for, many, many years!

86 was the last production year for the Brat in the US (87 models)....last model we got with an EA81 (some STD hatches with fat EA71 til 89)

30 years is the cutoff.......they will not make any new parts for these cars.....and what's in stock is nearly gone.

If there are any true "OE" parts available.....they will be contracted to be made by the OE supplier but sold directly to the parts houses like worldpak....OPparts....or other.

Subaru is not goin to sell that stuff anymore......Their new computer systems don't even list them.....My dealership has to open "the old program" or straight up the paper catalog to look up anything.......they call me now cause I have better catalogs than them for EA81 and EA82 parts.

While I appreciate what you are saying Gloyale, I doubt Subaru actually makes the intake gaskets anyway! It really is only the gaskets you can get from Subaru for early models, certainly everything else has long been discontinued. 

In Australia car companies only have to provide spares support for 10 years. After that time, you're on your own!