Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi guys I have just got my forester and it comes with a navigation and DVD player in the centre console at the top and I was wondering where I could get information on this unit or even get some advice on what others have done with them as they come with Chinese I think as the language. I have attached the picture.

Subaru Forester DVD player

post-52679-0-26745500-1395746276_thumb.jpg

DmanForester,

This is nothing like I've seen before on any GPS I've ever owned, but may have similarities.

There are millions of fake products that originate from China, and this may well be one of them, or it may have been manufactured in China for Subaru in your market.

That said, it appears as if the unit has locked up and requires a reset. If you can get the unit out of the car and look for manufacturer's labels, you might find a manual you can download for free online.

Baring that, try the following: A couple of the units I've owned over the years with touch screens, have a reset button hidden under the frame surround of the screen. With a small screw driver and careful prying the frame can be removed to reveal the reset button. Usually you hold down the button while powering up the unit to get it into rebooting from scratch and reestablishing the software.

Other units I've owned have the reset on the touch screen. In this case, you touch and hold the screen in the upper left corner while you power the unit up, or the upper right corner, or and so on until you find it.

If these three ideas don't do the job, find someone who speaks Chinese. I'm not kiddin! Maybe they can give you some ideas after reading the screen. Good Luck!

Edited by gbhrps
  • Like 1