Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st/2nd/3rd gen. head difference on EA82T

i know its been discussed a few times before on here, but just wondering the difference between the 1/2/3 gen heads for an EA82T other than just the composition of the metal???

what brought up the question is that i noticed the metal oil line from the head going in/out of the turbo is different between 1st and 2nd gen

my 87 GL Turbo has 2nd gen heads w/235,000 miles and 87 RX Turbo has 1st gen heads w/245,000 miles

1st has ea82 with no marks

2nd has ea82 underlined

3rd has ea82 boxed in

I've read through a few forums and cant find any info on the difference between the cooling lines that go from the head to the turbo.

I have 1st gen heads and 2ng gen heads, and I noticed the turbo cooling lines are different between the two

just need to know if the lines will swap between heads??

I've read through a few forums and cant find any info on the difference between the cooling lines that go from the head to the turbo.

I have 1st gen heads and 2ng gen heads, and I noticed the turbo cooling lines are different between the two

just need to know if the lines will swap between heads??

I never noticed any difference and I have had every generation EA82T cylinder head in mine