Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS16 - 8.16.14 - Pt. Townsend, WA

I'll be around Friday to hang out for awhile, then I'll be back on Saturday for a while too.  Either time, when I leave, I can take a few cars with me the 20ish minutes from Pt. Townsend to our cabin where I have some pretty fun trails.

And to save Tex some typing. . .  The WCSS does not insure or cover anybody who follows me.  You do so at your own risk.  (something like that. . .)

• Like 1

Everyone from the Tacoma area will be meeting up at the krispy kreme at the tacoma mall at 11am friday to drive up to the show. 

Also, having never been to WCSS before and hearing there is camping I'm assuming I should bring: a tent, stove, light, food, etc? 

Well last year I was in severe doubt that I would make it back...maybe ever.  I have to admit I love the PT location and well things change....

See you Saturday morning.

Ezap:  please shake my hand this year...I have never met you I have only seen you from afar.

Everyone from the Tacoma area will be meeting up at the krispy kreme at the tacoma mall at 11am friday to drive up to the show. 

Also, having never been to WCSS before and hearing there is camping I'm assuming I should bring: a tent, stove, light, food, etc? 

Yes, I would suggest trying to be self sufficient.  There will be food vendors, but there will likely be a line, they will not  be there 24/7 and they could even run out of food if its busy.  You don't need a tent if you have a wagon and a small air mattress.  Flashlight is a good idea as it may be a walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

Just a note for those that weren't at WCSS14, you may want to bring some sort of soap or car wash if you're going to play in the Mudpit.

The local authorities don't take too kindly to mud being spread on their streets.

Also, be patient with the hose, there was only one last time and we don't need anyone getting upset or grumpy about having to wait in line to wash their car.

Also, the quicker you get the mud off, the easier it will be.
When the more clay they have there dries, the harder it is to get off. I had to use an ice scraper/credit card on my windows to get it off in a timely manner.

Also, for everyone's notice, are the showers going to be open this year as well?

Twitch

Ezap:  please shake my hand this year...I have never met you I have only seen you from afar.

Hell yeah.  It would seem you have one on me by already knowing my face.  :)  I should be there a big part of Saturday.  With any luck, I'll be along side my buddy Ken, holding a beer.

• Like 2

I had a blast.  Can't wait for Jesse to upload those pics and vid of the tuff truck trial things majig.     And.  I have a bad memory apparently.   No less than 4 people came up to me knowing who I am and I didn't recognize you.  Ain't sayin' who. . .  lol

• Like 3

I had a blast.  Can't wait for Jesse to upload those pics and vid of the tuff truck trial things majig.     And.  I have a bad memory apparently.   No less than 4 people came up to me knowing who I am and I didn't recognize you.  Ain't sayin' who. . .  lol

its old age Eric..  I am right behind you.

• Like 1

Great job everyone. This is only my second year in a row, but when I look back on #2 it amazes me how much it has grown in the last 14 years.  To Q, Zap, Jerry and Rob; great seeing you all again. Then there is Jeff and Brian; awesome to finally shake hands and put faces to the names.  Till next year, I have a lot of work to get done before then.

• Like 2

Great show once again this year!  I had a ridiculously great time on the Tuff Soob race course (as most of you could probably tell). :D   :banana:  :headbang:

I really hope we can do more racing at shows to come. :brow:  It was awesome to see everyone and meet many more.

I'll get the pics/vids up soon.

Jesse

Edited by jbbvw
  • Like 3

I recognized you... eventually after you were standing there right next to me for a bit.  So ya, its understandable.   :rolleyes:

On the note of the show, its the most fun I have had at a WCSS in a while.  Starting it out in a caravan always helps.

Edited by Flowmastered87GL