Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does this look right to you?

Is the new one actually smaller in diameter or is that just how the picture makes it look? Also the last two sets I bought, Gabriel 15-16 years ago and Sachs a month ago both came with the bottom spring perch. Get the numbers off of the strut body and cross reference them. They look to be wrong to me!

They seem to be the same size in diameter. I havent checked them with calipers but they seem the same.

Not exactly sure how to cross referance the numbers on the old piece.

Bought the new one from Rockauto, the parts number on the struts I have matches the ones they say my car needs.

Edited by Godsmulligan

It's an acdelco, if that helps. Not sure what you mean by Saches, guessing brand name. Not sure about the sorting perch. It didn't come with one. Do I have to buy those separate. The fact that it doesn't have the spring perch on it was one of the reasons I was worried it was the wrong one.

Good news: Rockauto verified it was a catalog error. they sent me a shipping label and are accepting it as a return.

Bad news: it will be at least a couple weeks before I can get the right ones and get them installed. Work sucks, kids. Don't ever do it. Become homeless.

• Like 1

No I've never ordered from them, mainly giving credit to where I got the image...

If it helps though I checked the ratings and they avg 8.75 (4.5 stars) from the 4600 people that rated them

Edited by TallonX

I buy locally, easier on the warranties n mishaps from miss stock or miss numbered

Last time I did struts on a subi was a set of Gabriels through advancedauto

Doesn't look like the bigger chains are stocking them anymore

Edited by TallonX

Nobody sells a Brat strut with springs except the salvage yard. That is a good price on the Gabriels. That what I had for the last 15 years are so on my Brat. I installed Sachs a few weeks ago. That picture looks like the right one also.

Nobody sells a Brat strut with springs except the salvage yard. That is a good price on the Gabriels. That what I had for the last 15 years are so on my Brat. I installed Sachs a few weeks ago. That picture looks like the right one also.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy them from?