Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'd seen this car a couple times before but never had a chance to talk to the guy or look close. I saw him and chased him down today. 

It started as a 99 Legacy GT. It has Outback struts/springs all around. The front has a 12" spacer on top, the rear 10" on top and about an inch of lift at the strut base. 2" wheel spacers all around. Body lift blocks are 7.5". He says he's had to replace 1 axle in the 3 years since he lifted it. 

IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

The tires he has are 31x9.5/15 Super Swampers, but he says they measure closer to 32. 

I forgot to mention, it's a manual but he said he swapped in a JDM tranny with 4.44. Too bad it doesn't have low range, that would've been a worthy swap.

• 1 year later...

That outside rear boot on the back axle is really tipped steeply upward. Prolly causes stress, and extra wear on the joint leading to premature half shaft failure..........but who cares, owner has to have a lot of fun driving this buggy.

Dual range transmissions for Subies available in Australia would be a nice addition to this drive train.

... Dual range transmissions for Subies available in Australia ...

You mean EJ dual Range Transmissions?

Those also are available here in Latin America, also Europe...

Pretty much elsewhere except USA due to the Chicken tax politics.

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/98480-need-advice-legacy-wagon/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1113850

Kind Regards.