Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Diagrams and handbooks?

Hey everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum!
I've recently had a great opportunity to get a 78 Brat for possibly welding together a floorpan for a guys Ranchero, as soon as I get done with Auto Body college, in about 2 weeks, and then after that saving a few hundred to pay the guy if there isn't enough time to do the floorpan. ANYwho...I'm full-on excited to finally get a 1st gen Brat.

I'd really like to gather as much information as far as diagrams, handbooks, service manuals and such. either free, printable pdf's, or links to good quality repair books for everything from tuning, electrical, mechanical, repairs etc.

Does anyone out there have any stockpiles of files and images for anything regarding the 1st Gen Brats? For instance I've got a folder dedicated to service manuals and tuning guides, etc, for the AE86 corolla, my other favorite 4-wheeled transportation device.
I'd love to organize and zip-file together a Brat-Bible for myself and anyone interested. I'd definitely take that task on.
Any help here would be great!
Nice to meet all of you, and I admire anyone who thinks (like I do) that the brats are beautiful vehicles.

• Like 1

That's the kind of stuff that takes this to the next level of support! Now that would be quite the task, but one that would be extremely helpful to not only me but to everyone involved.
If you've got the time and the inclination, please, let's do this!

• 3 years later...

Hey everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum!

I've recently had a great opportunity to get a 78 Brat for possibly welding together a floorpan for a guys Ranchero, as soon as I get done with Auto Body college, in about 2 weeks, and then after that saving a few hundred to pay the guy if there isn't enough time to do the floorpan. ANYwho...I'm full-on excited to finally get a 1st gen Brat.

I'd really like to gather as much information as far as diagrams, handbooks, service manuals and such. either free, printable pdf's, or links to good quality repair books for everything from tuning, electrical, mechanical, repairs etc.

Does anyone out there have any stockpiles of files and images for anything regarding the 1st Gen Brats? For instance I've got a folder dedicated to service manuals and tuning guides, etc, for the AE86 corolla, my other favorite 4-wheeled transportation device.

I'd love to organize and zip-file together a Brat-Bible for myself and anyone interested. I'd definitely take that task on.

Any help here would be great!

Nice to meet all of you, and I admire anyone who thinks (like I do) that the brats are beautiful vehicles.

Has This been created yet? I also recently got a 79 brat, and I need a service manual. I have to say this forum is severely lacking on reliable information and organization. 

I've got an official Subaru factory service manual but its the real book. Not a digitized copy. Would it be helpful if I was to digitize it page by page?

Did you ever digitize this? If not I will pay you to post a digital copy. not full price for the manual but enough to cause incentive. I REALLY need this info.

Thank you!