Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking into six lug wheels

ystrdyisgone

My ej22 will be going in soon, and with some more horses it seems time to upgrade my wheels. I don't really want them to stick out too far, plus I imagine with a wider tire and such a light car, I'll have less stability in snowy/icy conditions.

From what I've read the isuzu wheels have the best offset for our ea82s.

Here's what CL has to offer me locally:

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/pts/4386335323.html

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/pts/4469216959.html

Anyone have these on their car?

The 90ish Nissan Pathfinder wheels have better back set for our purposes. And these were stock Nissan wheels for those years.

I didn't pay any $60 apiece for these. Grungy used wheels at a PNP were $15 apiece.

Hankook2157515sonPathfinderwhls011.jpg

Hankook2157515sonPathfinderwhls005.jpg

Those are Hankook 215/75/15 MTs on the Nissan wheel.

Edited by czny
  • Like 1

I would totally rock those snowflake isuzu rims! Mine came from an isuzu, but are just stock steel 14s. The different offset does make for a wider track (by about 3") but the stability of my GL improved because of it. Of course, I also had to sawzall my fenders to accomodate them and the bigger tires on them, too. (205x75-14 and no lift)

Do it!

post-25891-0-82420500-1400121085_thumb.jpg

Edited by spazomatic

Czny, those look much nicer than I was thinking they would. They may be 60 a set, I'll be contacting them tomorrow.

Spazomatic, yeah I definitely like the look of the isuzu ones a lot more, but the price tag is a bit steep for me.

Thanks for the info and opinions guys!

I think most stock import wheels should be a good fit.

mediocre picture, the stock camber/castor settings make the front look a little out of whack....but you get the idea.

241512_2067707330050_1165825034_32517390_1466263_o.jpg

Those are stock '86 4Runner steelies.

There are several modern minivans that use 6-lug these days. Kia Sedona, Chevy Venture, and others. They have very car-like suspension, so I suspect they would have very high offset/backspace wheels. I haven't looked into this at all, I don't even know if it's the same bolt pattern, but it sure looks similar.