Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New wheels- Wohoo

Found a set of cheviot something (would like to know name) mags in 4x140 off a leone in the local subie wreckers, just need a clean up and maybe repaint black parts? Any suggestions on cleaning them up and getting them looking nice are welcome.

Pictures

http://puu.sh/8MT5z.JPG

http://puu.sh/8MT7J.JPG

Also got a set of headlight covers and wiper blades with intact deflectors.

-Cheers, Tom

Edited by Tom0
  • Like 1

aha, so they are Cheviot mags. Seen them about on an L wagon. Think Cheviot is an Aus/NZ brand ?

I don't think you could improve on their looks, just a good clean up, maybe new paint and spit'n'polish

Wassort of money ? If not a rood question .....

Yeah, was thinking they would have a sub name though. Not sure if its just Aus/Nz. Started to clean them up tonight, coming up alright so far. Ahh 300$ for the lot, so wheels+ alright tires, headlight guards and wipers.

Yep Cheviot was a South Australian company that are now known as Performance Wheels (think Superlite). At least one set I have is stamped 'Performance Wheels'.

In terms of cleaning them up mine were brought from a seller on eBay and were completely restored so are highly polished with new black paint in the 'spokes'. They look smick!

The other set I have, while not restored, have the centres painted all black with only the lip being silver/polished and whitewall tyres. Both sets look great and IMHO are the best looking 13" aftermarket wheel. Light weight too.

Edited by Leeroy

oh, not sure how true it is, recent car show, someone was talking about Performance closing factory doors and downsizing to smaller on demand or more personalised stuff. No idea how true it is ....

... Think Cheviot is an Aus/NZ brand ? ...

Yep Cheviot was a South Australian company...

Cheviot Rims...

I Owned Cheviot Rims in 4X140 in the Past (1990's decade), the ones on the Rear of my Subaru "BumbleBeast" on the old times it was White:

SubarudoBlanco2.jpg

Those were Different designed than yours and came from a Renault; also My Cheviot Rims said: "Made in France" emblazoned in the inner side of the Lip;  I've seen more 4X140 Cheviots here in Honduras, all of them came off from french Peugeot / Renault cars... interesting.

Kind Regards.

I like the look of them, not sure if i would prefer them all painted in the inside or not, might keep them standard for awhile then decide later. Haven't seen any made in or by stamped on them but i really haven't looked yet. So far cleaned up 1, mostly, pretty time consuming and i wont be able to get it perfect but a large sight better then it was to start with.