Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 2.2T GL swap

Steve W.

Hi. All. Well I'm back, workin on my 88 GL10T. Had a thread going about it a while back.(Fuel cut at 3 to 5 lbs. boost) On Ivans advise, I pulled out the turbo wiring harness, and I've replaced it with a N.A. harness.and have it all set up N.A. for the short term. Everything's hooked up now, when I fire it up, it runs smoothly for a few seconds and dies. Haven't hooked up the IAC hose yet, but all the intake holes are closed up. Good fuel pressure. Not sure what to look for next. Josh, Legacy777 has been working with me, but I don't want to wear him out, he's been so helpful. Anyway, I'm sure some of you knowledgeable folks will have a verity of ideas. Thanks much. Steve.

That's the one Crazyeights, it had me so frustrated that I just left it in my way in my shop for about 10 months. Plus, I had to go back to makin' a living. Thanks. Subruise, I have it wired up, I just haven't hooked it to the intake plenum. I think it only needs fresh air to run. No? Thanks guys. S

Hey Bud. I was hopin' you'd chime in. So, did not know that, could it be something that simple? I hadn't cause I don't have the N.A. crank vent tube or stand pipe from the case to the intake, just turbo. I can sure run a soft line to tie em in. As a mater a fact, here I go, thanks. Steve.

Sorry, phrased that wrong. I don't have an N.A. hose and fittings to go from the IAC to the intake plenum. But I brewed one up and, it helped, it now runs a few seconds longer. Almost idles, then dies. Really acts like fuel shut off. I checked and great flow, and plenty of pressure. Oh, and I don't have N.A. parts to hook up the crank case vent to the plenum either, but that's caped off. --Onward. S.

Whatever you do don't tie the IAC and the PCV hoses toghether.........you will get quite teh smoke show.

Gotta get the all open ports capped or properly routed to run......any open port will cause unmetered air leak.......which will cause it to run for a few secs. then die.

Yea, I thot that was the case, and plugged everything before starting it. Used some 1/2" copper fittings and pipe to tie the turbo IAC tube down under to the N.A. fitting on that plenum. As mentioned, it idles longer, and still quite smoothly, then dies. Sure sounds like fuel starvation. I'll mess with it again tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi. guys. Just back from the weekend in Colorado seeing family and friends. Rite back to work. Miles, this is the temp. sens. I drove it in with a few weeks ago. It was runnin' smoothly then, but for the fuel enrichment issues. I'd sure replace it if you think that mite be the problem. -- These pumps ground thru the pump relay, No? It shows good pressure, 35lbs. well after it dies, and I pulled a line last week, good flow. I haven't tried introducing fuel thru the throt. plate, but I'd be really surprised if it wouldn't keep running. Gota' be something I'm overlooking.