Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2" lift = shredded CV's -Whats the solution?

I love how thorough this thread is and there is some amazing info but it really makes me nervous to lift my Loyale. I can't afford to go through this process with mine as it's my DD and I put on 500km a week right now. I am still in awe that no one else seems to go through this. I need some reassurance from others!

2" lift (with angle correction) with 1-1/4" outback spacers on crossmember and transmount.

Remove rear cross piece behind trans.

A few thick washers under the carrier bearing is a good idea too to help straighten the driveline angle.

Move inboard CV boot small end "up" the axle towards trans.

Do all these things and the car will be great as a daily driver and not eat axles

• Like 2

Wagonist

Thanks for the valuable info. Where would one find where to buy a real and complete kit? I have already bought some pipe and two washers and longer but maybe I will switch it out for some larger stuff and try this system...

Well, I'm in Australia & I doubt can buy a full kit anymore here. Pretty much everyone here has moved onto Liberty (Legacy), Imprezas & Forester for off roading.

Any L series still used for 4wding are already kitted out. Others in good condition are being cleaned up and kept for on road use only.

Well, I'm in Australia & I doubt can buy a full kit anymore here. Pretty much everyone here has moved onto Liberty (Legacy), Imprezas & Forester for off roading.

Any L series still used for 4wding are already kitted out. Others in good condition are being cleaned up and kept for on road use only.

Yeah...well you guys got dual range and real 4wd in the newer cars.....we didn't ;)

True, tho the low range for 99% of the models is the same the that for the RXs in this model, only 1.19:1. Pretty useless.

Finding the 1.59:1 low in an EJ box is extremely difficult & conversions are done using the low range from these models. But true that's easier when you're starting with a dual range trans.

Shorter 4.444 diffs are an easy gain also.

I'd happily swap a couple of dual range Liberty/Impreza/Foresters for a good RX 3 door :(