Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help rebuilding my Brat engine

So my brat has an oil pressure problem going on. when ever it is in gear the oil pressure gauge tops out. I am pretty sure it has blown some of the gaskets because there is oil all over the bottom of the engine. I am just looking for someone in the moscow pullman lewiston areas that could rebuild it for me, I would love to be able to help and learn as well. I would try to do it my self but I am moving in to an apartment that wont allow me to work on my vehicles in the parking area. Please contact me with your rates and we can work something out. I would really appreciate the help since i relay on the vehicle to get around while my wife has the car. my email is jeremy_lee_miller@yahoo.com. I will be getting a cell phone soon so I will post the number when I get it.

A Soob engine without oil all over it is about like a Detroit diesel without oil everywhere...pretty slim.  Sounds like you might have a short in your sending unit gauge or wire.  How bad is the oil...got a pic??

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply, i have no internet and have been traveling for a while. the oil is bad but not too bad i guess, i will check the sending unit and pump. thanks for the advice everyone. I might get in touch with Idasho later still want to do a rebuild in the future.

• 7 months later...

Hi there

Just got you PM and responded to it too.

Ive been crazy busy but am always willing to help in some way.

Check your private messages.  Ill PM you my email too.

been so busy its been weeks between logging into the forum.

See ya

~Kenny