Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'84 wagon will pull freakishly hard to left

About 2k miles on new pads, ball joints, tie ends. No probs. till now

Just had alignment done.

Was driving on the freeway when it just started pulling HARD to the left. Managed to get pulled over safely. Waited a few minutes, started driving and it was fine. After about 5 minutes it did it again.

Inspected front end today and nothing seems amiss. Brakes and rotors look good, nothing is loose, drained a little brake fluid and it's clean. Not sure what to make of this.

I just had this happen to my GL but I was fortunate enough to know what it was. New driver's side axle and problem is gone. I destroyed my already on the way out axle while offroading. Had a very hairy 100 mile drive home with it randomly pulling very hard to the right.

I think to see if it's your axle, when it's pulling to the left try giving the car a lot of throttle. When the axle is bad, the extra torque from accelerating hard will straighten it out, and when you let off it will all loosen up and start pulling again. That's what mine did anyway.

it's your steering - Its "Rack and Opinionated"...

(sorry, that was bad)

I'm with I75eya, sounds like an axle. if it's a brake you would be smelling it fairly early on.

(I would think)

Respectfully,

Timothy