Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey everyone. Just upgraded from my 1999 Forester to a 2010 Forester XT. I am still a bit of newbie to the Subaru world, my 99 was the first. I enjoy these cars soooo much . They rock in the snow!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any advice tips,upgades, anything on my XT that would help in any way shape or form for any reason.

This is my daily driver and I want to treat her right and keep her going for a very long time.

Thanks

Nice! Congratulations on the upgrade. One of the easiest things that you can do is keep the ENTIRE cooling system in top working order. This includes the quality and quantity of the antifreeze mixture.  Keep the oil clean and change it on time religiously. Stop at the sign of serious problems and take time to evaluate the situation should something ever happen in the future. Enjoy the new ride!

Edited by Crazyeights

Let it idle for 30 secs to 1 min. before shut off to cool the turbo.

Otherwise you'll cook the oil that stops in the turbo.......then upon next startup that crusty burned up oil chunks flush into oil pan.  eventually clogging the pickup and restricting oil flow.

standard advice for any turbo....espescially gasser turbos.

• Like 1