Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Meet Ash, my other Loyale Sedan.

MR_Loyale

This weekend I had Ash out on the highway for 200+ miles. I took him close to snowy areas as we have here right now without going in the snow. Heater works great. Had to clean out the 4WD button on the stick as it would push down but not come up for disengaging the 4WD. It was an easy fix to just spray it down with electronics cleaner and work up and down (with power off of course).  All the major electrical issues have been resolved. All the exterior lighting is working, fluid levels optimal, new snow tires. Only thing is the radio doesn't work. Driving with tunes is a much more rewarding experience. That will be my final task before the xmas tree run.

• 1 year later...

Took Ash out for a shakedown drive today After sitting all summer I had to charge the battery. It seems weak to restart so I will probably get a new one next weekend. Still had the issue with the heater controls malfunctioning. Have to push HEAT and then it half does the windshield and half the front vent. If I wait a few minutes and hit the windshield top button, it will go full force to the windshield for a bit and then reverts to coming out the front vent. I know this is gonna require fiddling in the dash but I am having trouble motivating myself to dig into it.

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend I finally got to the HVAC controls. They never wanted to keep air on the windshield or go to heat. They would just go to the middle vents. So either it was the control unit, lines or flapper valves deeper into the dash. I pulled the main cover around the cluster and took the vacuum lines off. I had vacuum to the unit, I could feel it with my hand by removing the unmarked tube. I then put the vac line up to the #2 hose and it flipped the air, so I know the switching unit is bad.  Off to the JY to get one.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...