Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possible purchase of 79' DL wagon

Where does once find parts, I see most listed at NAPA which I prefer, but where does once source body parts, interior, exhaust etc if available?

I like the JDM look, I just want to see what is available before I commit so I can build the car I want. 

Great board you have here, lots of activity and well laid out. 

Spence 

Other than maintenance parts, posting here in the wanted section of the marketplace would be your best bet, a lot of us have parts collections for ours. For instance, I have multiple exhaust components from my 78 GL 4WD Wagon left over as spares, as well as spare front fenders, grille, complete headlights, etc that came with the car. You just have to ask! :)

Other than maintenance parts, posting here in the wanted section of the marketplace would be your best bet, a lot of us have parts collections for ours. For instance, I have multiple exhaust components from my 78 GL 4WD Wagon left over as spares, as well as spare front fenders, grille, complete headlights, etc that came with the car. You just have to ask! :)

Good to know. Is it possible to work the engine over a hair like the Dat 510's, I'm guessing that level of support just isn't there? I want it more for a surf wagon with some slight modifications. 

Thanks for the reply. 

There isn't the same type of affordable performance aftermarket like that exists for the L-Series Datsun engines, but for the EA71 engines, a Weber 32/36 carb kit and a free flowing exhaust can get you some performance and sound if that is what you desire, though likely at the cost of some economy, drivability, reliability, and engine wear.

There's always swaps to the later EA81/82/t engines, as well as the much later EJ series engines, but they require forethought and fabrication work to fit properly.