Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 3" Lift Dimensions (strut towers) Here they are....Maybe

Good afternoon All,

I have been looking around for specific dimensions of strut towers for a lift (3").  I haven't found much, and I have asked a few people which went no where.  So here it is, I did some measuring, modeling, and drafting and this is what I came up with.  Please let me know how I did? If I need to make changes let me know...

Best,

Lewis 

post-53191-0-10121900-1404941394_thumb.png

that makes sense, I thought they were offset for ease of installing the bolts, but I could be wrong...I haven't installed a lift yet. I am in the process of measuring, modeling and drafting and then some fabing. Just want the experts to look over the prints first. I am willing to draft it all up and have it publicly available to whomever....

Thanks,

Lewis

Good morning all,

Thanks for all the information.  I rotated the bottom plate, so it is parallel with the frame.  I also increased the angle to 17°.  Attached is the updated drawing reflecting the changes please let me know how it looks?  I plan on building the lift components on Friday and installing them this weekend.  I will take pictures and continue to update this thread.  Does any one know the dimensions of the angled pieces that drop the rear struts (picture above)?  I would like to draw up the rest of the components (rear strut brackets and frame spacers), so myself and future members can have the information at their finger tips. 

Gloyale, I measured the distance of the holes they are all 4.85 apart.  The 4.2 dimension is a rise distance not an aligned distance between holes (please see the attached drawing).

post-53191-0-93896200-1405347091_thumb.png

Yes , as is said above , it needs about 6mm offset for every 1" of lift ( mixed metric/imperial - sorry) to get the right camber

If I'm making an ea81 lift do I need to offset the top and bottom since it isn't a triangle?

Edited by Henpecked