Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Uno - My First

MR_Loyale

• 3 months later...

The blower speed control only does the two highest settings. It has been that way for a while now. I wanted to swap it out and put in the one from Ash this weekend , but there is one side where the screw is stripped. Since I spent the weekend working only on Ash, I decided to leave this bit for later.

• 6 months later...

Unnecessarily replaced the passenger front balljoint yesterday. I was trying to fix a bang on a sharp right turn on an incline. Turns out it was in the rear and I suspect a spring.  But I did find a handy tool for separating the ball joint from the control arm:

Harbor Freight Item 99849:

image_12294.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Got a new set of rear shocks. No more rumbling. Uno is 100% for blast off tomorrow morning.

i was there when you got them done, it was at the gregs japanese auto in downtown seattle, i used to work there. i remember laughing at how the shaft of the shocks would drop to the bottom with no resistance. they were definitely blown. if the shocks are giving you trouble, take it back over to them, and pm me when you do, ill call the manager over there and tell him what's up. the technician who did it is pretty good normally, but everybody makes mistakes sometimes. 

i also remember that engine bay, nothing short of mint condition... i was drooling lol

Edited by maozebong

• 2 months later...

i was there when you got them done, it was at the gregs japanese auto in downtown seattle, i used to work there. i remember laughing at how the shaft of the shocks would drop to the bottom with no resistance. they were definitely blown. if the shocks are giving you trouble, take it back over to them, and pm me when you do, ill call the manager over there and tell him what's up. the technician who did it is pretty good normally, but everybody makes mistakes sometimes. 

i also remember that engine bay, nothing short of mint condition... i was drooling lol

Wow thanks man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Battled another infestation of mice this summer. I took of the from cowl covers and looking at how the plenum rises up I can understand how a mouse would thin it a perfect spot for a nest. I will cover them with sreening material before putting UNO up for the winter.

• 1 year later...

Been a while since I posted. I still have UNO and drive him daily. I recently got pulled over and told my license plate light was out. I tested everything from the bulb to fuses to wiring. After an hour of work I found the culprit to be a connector in the trunk that had come undone due to things bumping against it while driving around. Lesson learned.  I also had to replace a corroded battery cable connector. Other than that, UNO is humming right along.

2018 will make it 25 years old. I am debating if I should get the antique vehicle tabs. 

Anyway, stay tuned, in 2018 I will have many exciting announcements!

• Like 1

That's really awesome man, you have taken fantastic care of her over the years

Is ash the red wagon? She is the same color as my 86 gl, i call her the baby lion. She has the ej22 swap and a homemade 2" lift.

I vote yes on the collectors plates!

post-61859-0-22361300-1515038034_thumb.jpg

Edited by sparkyboy
  • Like 1

That's really awesome man, you have taken fantastic care of her over the years

Is ash the red wagon? She is the same color as my 86 gl, i call her the baby lion. She has the ej22 swap and a homemade 2" lift.

I vote yes on the collectors plates!

attachicon.gif20171216_135629.jpg

Thanks. That red wagon belonged to another usmb member and we went to the Washington coast during winter to watch the storms blow in.

Ash is a red sedan I bought in 2014.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I posted. I still have UNO and drive him daily. I recently got pulled over and told my license plate light was out. I tested everything from the bulb to fuses to wiring. After an hour of work I found the culprit to be a connector in the trunk that had come undone due to things bumping against it while driving around. Lesson learned.  I also had to replace a corroded battery cable connector. Other than that, UNO is humming right along.

2018 will make it 25 years old. I am debating if I should get the antique vehicle tabs. 

Anyway, stay tuned, in 2018 I will have many exciting announcements!

that seriously blows my mind for someone to still have a loyale new from the dealership, and to stick with the same vehicle for 24 years non-stop, im already bored of my impreza i've had for 6 years now, but i still hang on to it since it was my first car, and i've heard many others regret selling their first car. must feel interesting remembering the car new from the dealership, driving it off from the dealership wondering if its a good car and if it would last you a long time, and now you're overhere thinking about putting antique classic plates on it.

• Like 1

that seriously blows my mind for someone to still have a loyale new from the dealership, and to stick with the same vehicle for 24 years non-stop, im already bored of my impreza i've had for 6 years now, but i still hang on to it since it was my first car, and i've heard many others regret selling their first car. must feel interesting remembering the car new from the dealership, driving it off from the dealership wondering if its a good car and if it would last you a long time, and now you're overhere thinking about putting antique classic plates on it.

Well it was a relatively inexpensive vehicle and easy to maintain. I don't think I would have kept it as long if USMB hadnt been around. I didnt want car payment as I had got a mortgage. It gets my groceries just fine so I havent needed much more than that. 

• 6 months later...

During the last week of August I had a chance to revisit some of the old places I went on my trip in 2014. Specifically I was in Montana and the West entrance to Yellowstone. I still drive Uno daily as my commuter and am looking at a way to fabricate a paramotor carrier for him. I was in Southern Idaho for a paramotor fly in called "Tie Yer Own Fly In" at Henrys Lake Idaho. Here is my video:

Henrys Lake Fly In

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 8:02 PM, Crazyeights said:

I really enjoyed the repair video, do you have any more?

There is NO WAY I am going up in one of those kites though :eek:

Working on some now. I am always interested in guest appearences too if you are willing. Your years of experience would be great to share in the channel. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Subasaurus said:

im afraid of heights!

but this is soooo cooool!!!!!!!

I am also afraid of heights but I love the views.  After enough flying you get confidence in the gear and your fear goes down. Our world is three dimensional, why only live in two of them?

• Like 1