Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 Outback Lift - Help me get get my facts straight?

Dirty Dan

Planning a lift for my 1998 Outback, just wanted to run it by you guys and see if it sounds reasonable.

-Forester Struts

-Forester Tophats

-Forester Iron Man springs (Subtle Solutions)

-Forester 1" lift / strut spacers (Subtle Solutions)

-Adjustable rear trailing arms (Gorilla Off-road Company)

-215/75-15 All terrains or mud terrains, haven't decided.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether or not I'll be able to get this tall without any other modifications, if this wasn't my daily I wouldn't mind cutting and fabbing parts, but since it is I'd prefer this to be an entirely bolt on and go type of deal. Too much lift with the forester struts, lift springs, AND spacers? Or do you think it'll be reasonable. I expect a bit more CV wear I just don't want anything obscene.

Also, think that tire size is good or would I be able to go bigger?

Thanks in advance guys, I'm excited to get this going.

i personally went 2.5 over stock with my 99. i used a 225 70 16

many many miles, mo issues with oem cv's. rump roast-loads of ground clearance, rode like stock

i used a 2 inch spacer and h6 springs

nothing else required. it was jumped, wheeled hunted out of, used like no other

So somewhat similar to what I've planned height wise? I Figure an inch or so with the forester struts, another inch with the springs, then another inch with the spacers. So around 3" or a little less I imagine?

Edited by Dirty Dan

Perfect, thanks for the help!

I've seen that there are sedan and wagon end links. Assuming I end up keeping the rear bar, would I want to go with the sedan or wagon links? I'd assume wagon, but you know what they say about assuming...

Hahahaha, fair enough man. Like I said, I'll probably lose the rear bar anyway. Even if I don't, I imagine the fronts would be more important anyways and it looks like there's plenty of choices for just a set of fronts that don't come with the rears.