Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted Baja

subarubrat

I didn't fab this lift, I only needed a 4in one so why re-invent the wheel. I adapted one that SJR made and let me give it my highest recommendation, works great as a Baja solution. I actually just sold that Lotus last summer (had too many cars) and it ended up as a monster, the TVS supercharger and support gear was as big as the engine itself and I took allot of weight out of it ending up at about 1650Lbs, registered just under 3sec 0-60.

post-968-0-36664800-1405887529_thumb.jpg

Edited by subarubrat

@ Subarudude, Never been there, but lots of 355's in the world, only one with 360 starfish in black wheels that I know of.

@spaz, Anytime you add 4 inches of mechanical lift plus 2 inches of tires, meaning you put the truck 6 inches higher in the air you are changing your center of gravity, which will impact handling. Changing from car tires to mud truck tires will also change your Baja from being more car like to being more truck like. Is that a disaster, not in my experience, driving a Toyota truck around is great, driving a lifted Baja means having the same or better ground clearance but with much more car like handling. The magic bullet in gaining back stock handling is to throw in set of 20mm wheel spacers. That gets your track width into line with your CG, I can corner at near stock speeds in this configuration.

Power, You will take a hit, if proper gearing was available to us we could fix this, since it is not we just have to add more power. I have driven it for two years with the EJ25 and it is liveable for what it is, my bad weather and haul spoob truck. Don't expect to beat V6 minivans in a race up the on ramp. As soon as I finish up the EA81 build for my Brat I will hit the Baja and swap in a Tribeca engine and I am going for the throat with a supercharger, the idea being the Subaru Raptor.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...