Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Pooparu

caravan from Portland to the WCSS

We'll be meeting up at the new copper penny parking lot just off of I205 (foster exit) at 10am and leaving at 10:15am. Come one come all!

Tempting.... I may try to head up even earlier though.  Put me down as 70% chance of joining up.

I assume you are planning I-205 North to I-5 North to Olympia, to US 101 North??

Oh, and everyone please make sure you have a full tank of gas when you show up.

Edited by Flowmastered87GL
  • Like 1

I am going to be heading out of Medford about 5, so that should put me in P-land in time to meet up with all of ya.  One question though, The Copper Penny is a bar right? In Lents?  I am not all familiar with Portland and google brings up a bar.  Just want to make sure.  Also, is everyone going to be running some sort of Commo (FRS, CB, ect)?

Can not wait, so close yet so far away!!

Is this Friday or Saturday?

I would like to caravan......but I would like to get there before 2pm on saturday......ya know?

How about the Krispy Kreme at the Tacoma Mall? There usually is meets there and they are very cool about having cars there. Shouldn't be there long. What time do you expect to be around that area? 

• Like 1

If we hit Tacompton, I agree Krispy Kreme off 5 would be the best bet so we could go something like:  I-5 North to 16 across the narrows (there shouldn't be a toll going this way), to 3 north to 104 and then we would have the choice of 19 or 101 to 20.

• Like 1

Anyone know what time the campground opens on Friday? Looks like I'll be going back to work Wednesday so I may not be able to meet up around noon Friday. Gonna try & get outta there early though.

Yeah there is no toll going across the bridge from I-5. It's just coming back across the narrows. Let's plan on all the Tacoma guys meeting at Krispy Kreme by the mall at 11. Shoot spoob, grab some coffee, and wait for this caravan from portland. 

• Like 2

Adam N.D.J. >>

My group will be leaving the Corvallis area at 7:45 am.....Just me and a buddy......Each in 6" lifted EA81 cars.

If things work out we could meet at the interstate exit 228 for Corvallis (HW 34) around 8?

I will be on CB channel 27 or 31...whichever is more clear and open.

My cell phone is 541-207-6544.....call to arrange if you are close to the area at that time.......otherwise we'll see you in Portland, or at the show.

Anyone else from south of Corvallis/Albany also welcome to call me/caravan with.

If you guys are leaving PDX at 10 then wouldn't that put in Tacoma around 12:30 - 1PM?

Nick... I think DJ's brother doesn't get off work until 3 or 4.  As much as I'd like to caravan with a big group, I'll probably wait for them.  

Edited by NorthCoast