Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So i'm relatively new here, and new to owning a Subaru. I've previously owned several older Volvos, which obviously enjoy a similar type of  enthusiast following as Subaru. my question is if there is a Subaru equivalent to the volvo-based parts/accessory website IPDusa.com? they sell both OEM, NOS, and direct fit performance parts for a lot of old Volvos. Clearly there are parts sites like RockAuto and PartsGeek, but those are basically just a factory replacement parts source. If you browse through the IPD site, you'll see what im talking about. they sell stuff you cant find elsewhere, like 'problem solver' parts for those nagging issues only the owners of a specific vehicle might be looking for. i know there are several sites i could go to where some dude is making lift blocks for my wagon, and another place where another dude is making a brush guard or skid plates, but is there a one-stop-shop for all that stuff, plus the regular maintenance stuff? 

thanks for the help

I really wish there were an IPD equivalent for Subaru.

There are lots of sources out there for quality parts, but where to go kinda depends on what part you need. For some there is still no better, or no other, option than the dealer.

FCPImport carries a lot of Subaru parts, good quality aftermarket and many Genuine Subaru.

Rockauto is popular because they carry lots of parts, and usually at a good price. Just have to watch very carefully when they calculate that shipping cost at the end. They tried to charge me an extra $9 shipping to add two donut gaskets to an exhaust pipe order.

I placed a separate order for the gaskets and they shipped for $1.35.

1stsubaruparts.com tends to have the best price and a very wide inventory of factory parts, but expect to wait like 10 for your stuff.

rockauto.com is the best source for noncritical stuff, felpro gaskets, etc.

most of us grab timing belt kits off ebay from mizumo auto parts (but I don't use the seals, factory only).

aftermarket stuff tends to be boutique-built and sold through the forum until you get into mid-90's and newer turbo stuff, where the tuner market takes over.