Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1998 Legacy Outback Limited

MilesFox

Will I be able to see this at Don Miller? Hope so!

This is my secretmobile entry. I have been nominated to participate in judging and coordinating the event. I may go in early withthe 3door, and liz and georgia will show up in the outback woody

I like the lower doors with Woody Grain, and also on road wheel spokes. What are you using?? Is it sticky wood grain contact vinyl  that you cut, and stick on, then press out the air bubbles under the contact vinyl??

I am using straight up con-tac shelf paper, applied with soapy water and sqee'd out with a credit card and trimmed with a razor blade. About 8 bucks for a roll from home depot will do up a whole wagon top and bottom

Edited by MilesFox
  • Like 1

So the left rear strut blew out and puked oil everywhere. Now, before i heat the seach button, off hand, i can't remember if the spring or the strut is different between forester. I would like to go for the taller option when replacing it.

I am using straight up con-tac shelf paper, applied with soapy water and sqee'd out with a credit card and trimmed with a razor blade. About 8 bucks for a roll from home depot will do up a whole wagon top and bottom

I love the Woody look on your Subie. I did something similar years back on a full size Pontiac wagon I had. The Woody grain factory vinyl was peeling off the car badly. I applied the contact paper just as you have done. It looked pretty good for a couple of years, but by then UV from sunshine had begun bleaching the color out of the contact paper. I fixed by reapplying fresh contact paper, which isn't that difficult to do. Suggest you stock up on the Woody grain contact paper for future use. Otherwise, it will be your luck that the store won't sell the brand, or color of contact paper you have used in the past.

NGK for the win! Never could go wrong with them. Find NGK wire set on ebay, it will be about $10 cheaper than any parts house. Most have free shipping.

I found NGK wires on ebay for my 97 Subaru Legacy Outback for 10$ less than what Autozone wanted for Bosch wires!!!!!!!