Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1982 subaru brat fuel pump

someone please post a picture of a actual 1982 subaru brat fuel pump.  i have bought 2 now and neither are quite right.  please someone help.  i'm trying to do a original build here.  want to avoid the aftermarket crap

The originals are a rather square item but most replacements of quality are a round one made by Kyosan that is OEM for that era of Subaru pump.   PN 742021101 

This is what the original looked like:

201394645734.jpg

I would rather have the KYOSAN one which looks like:

7420-21101.jpg

The downside to the KYOSAN one is it often doesnt plug in despite having a factory type plug in.

I wouldn't consider the vehicle not original by having the Kyosan pump.  Some rigged cheap aftermarket pump yes but this is pretty damn good.  I sell the pump for $89.95 plus $10 shipping if you want one.  www.retroroo.com for contact info.

The originals are a rather square item but most replacements of quality are a round one made by Kyosan that is OEM for that era of Subaru pump.   PN 742021101 

This is what the original looked like:

201394645734.jpg

I would rather have the KYOSAN one which looks like:

7420-21101.jpg

The downside to the KYOSAN one is it often doesnt plug in despite having a factory type plug in.

I wouldn't consider the vehicle not original by having the Kyosan pump.  Some rigged cheap aftermarket pump yes but this is pretty damn good.  I sell the pump for $89.95 plus $10 shipping if you want one.  www.retroroo.com for contact info.

are you saying you sell the kyosan for that price or you sell the oem pump?  i have the kyosan as of now.  i would rather have the oem but i can't find that thing.  i didn't even know what it looked like until you showed me.  electrical connection is different yes