Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej22 in gen2 brat 70k miles since swap engine just stopped wont start

Hey all:

Been a long while since I've been here.  I've got around 70k on my ej swap and this poor little vehicle needs some love and attention or a trip to the junkyard.  jk- wont ever junk the brat!  Anyway I was driving to work yesterday and while entering the freeway the engine just cut out.  No loud noises or leaking fluids, and probably hadn't even gotten up to normal temp because I was only 2 miles from my driveway.  

Anyway, I'm rusty on diagnosis since its been so reliable.  I have time this weekend to try to figure out what went wrong, but so far I checked fuel and its getting fuel, all fuses seem good and the main power relay and fuel pump relay are obviously working because I'm getting fuel.  Spark seems like an unlikely problem but I'll check that too.  Are there other sensors that would make it shut off like this?  Crank position sensor?  I guess the timing belt could have snapped too.  My engine is an obd1 1993 legacy ej22 which I believe is a non-interference engine.  Any advice or input appreciated.  Thanks guys.

D