Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL Coupe - Hardtop SSS

TheLoyale

I like your work so far ... :)

One comment on the Brat ... To me the ends of the bar on the brush guard look a little long - you could bend them back more to 'wrap' around the sides, to make it look like it was meant to be ... :ph34r:

Keep up the good work on the Hard Top though ... ;)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum

I agree with on the brush guard, it is meant for an F-350 body, and I wasn't keen on how wide it was. I was either thinking of unbolting them, and cutting maybe 3mm off and re-tapping the holes or like you said, just wrap them around the side. I will probably wrap them as it'll be easier, unless it cracks :P

As for the Hardtop, yeah I can't wait for warmer weather to come so I can start with my real Subaru madness again! -10 with the Wind chill just isn't fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Hardtop out of the yard yesterday since the weather is picking up and looks like the white stuff has ceased in the shadow of Spring!

So I got the SSS badges on.

2015_0311AF.jpg

2015_0311AG.jpg

Up next it to get the Pugs on it with some new rubber, and then start cleaning things up and restoring them, along with doing some well over due maintenance. 

Seeing as how most of the original black paint has flaked off the Stainless side trim, I decided that a cleaner simple stainless line throughout the body would look better, not as gaudy with a massive amount of stainless, but I didn't want to paint it completely.

Let the masking begin!

2015_0313AA.jpg

2015_0313AB.jpg

Finished product.

2015_0313AD.jpg

2015_0313AF.jpg

2015_0313AE.jpg

Other side will be done tomorrow.

• Like 1

Bennie, yeah I know, the rust is the killer of this car. I'm just not gonna get into tackling this before the Loyale is done. This year is all about finishing all the metal work on the Loyale before moving on. Then I can have the fun of figuring out where I'm going to get panels and rockers from, They have to either come from a Brat, Hatch or the hardtop. I suppose I could try to make Sedan rockers work, its just gonna take more work. 

For now, if I can spruce up bits of the car here and there, and get everything mechanically sound, that'll be good. It needs all new brake components and possible rear wheel bearings. I also need to patch fix the currant header until I can make a new one and I also need to sort out the suspension. Rear dampers are brown bread and the fronts aren't much better.

Anyway, Tomorrow I shall be getting the new tires, so I should be able to have them on the pugs Wednesday! No more flat tire and ugly black wheels.

And since it was a nice 70Deg.F today, I took advantage and waxed everything and also treated all the door seals.

That Shine!

2015_0316AE.jpg

2015_0316AG.jpg

2015_0316AH.jpg

2015_0316AJ.jpg

2015_0316AF.jpg

Its such a shame that this cars fenders have major dents and of course all the rest, cause the paint is in really nice condition.

• Like 2