Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator relocation ea82

sugarloafer

While thinking about the swap I'll be doing soon (ej25 into 88' gl) I was thinking about other ways to fix the tight radiator location and create a better approach angle on the whole car. I know on h1 hummers the radiator is mounted on an angle in the front. On the subi would it create issues to put the or a radiator in the spare tire location with an electric fan and hood scoop?

• Like 1

I used the EJ radiator in my swap, (EJ22 into 92' Loyale). What i did for clearance was cut the dowel pins off the bottom of the radiator so it would sit flat where the EA one went then basically did a bunch of dry fits putting it in and marking on the front radiator support area where to trim with my grinder and just took the metal back to where the rad sits straight then just used tie wire and fastened there. Never had a problem and didnt have to cut much. I did however have to cut the underside of the hood so the filler cap woupd clear and so the hood would shut but wasnt a big deal as the metal i cut was just the part underneath that strengthens the hood. Might want to consider this route bro.

• Like 1