Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oh, gotchya.  When I did the back light conversion I found some sites that sold the faces, they kind of just slid over the top of the old faces though and would have a slit that you would have to hide to go around the needles without removing them.  Trust me, you don't want to remove those needles.

o removing the needle does not bother me one bit I changed the faces on a 99 Tacoma that I had. Speedo I used a speedo app on my phone to reset the needle. Once I set the speedo needle the tach was easy just get to a set speed and set the tach needle to the right rpms. Gas gauge just set back to what was there before and temp just run your vehicle warm put it where you know normal is.

You could replace needles as described by tacotravis, but I'd suggest leaving them in place and using slits. There's chance to damage/ destroy movement (guts of gauge) pulling pointers. "Stickers" that go over your best bet. I work at a gauge restoration shop, and modern gauges like yours are tricky to mess with and don't offer much, if any, parts or service support. We don't even touch modern Japanese gauges.