Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Betty White - 92 Loyale Ski Bum Edition

Subarocket

it really is night and day difference.

i have loaded the whole cargo area with the seats folded down full of fire wood, about 400lbs. and drove it a few miles down a trail to a bonfire site and didnt even bottom out.. the engine complained more than the rear suspension

• Like 1

ok, ok. I need to do something about my suspension. I finally got to do some fun driving in this car. A freshly gravelled road that was loose as can be. In FWD and 4wd it felt like I had boat steering and it was nearly impossible to keep control of the car when breaking loose. My old car was much tighter and there would be no lag when rolling the wheel back and forth. I imagine this is the front springs? Could it be anything in the steering?

With my work schedule, sourcing used tempo and accord springs will be ridiculously hard. Finding outback spacers is tough enough. I am thinking $400 for king springs doesn't sound like the worst plan out there.

• Like 1

$90/box. I assume a box has two coils? When you say instant WRX, I think stiff. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

LOCATED IN GOLDEN, BC, CANADA

After collecting everything I needed for a big build on my Loyale I am moving to Europe for a year. I am not 100% sold on selling all of this because of the effort put into getting it but I also don't want to put too much into storage so if it goes for the right price to a happy person, so be it. I would prefer to sell it all together, but not necessarily. All prices are what I paid in Canadian dollars. Photos to come if there is real interest.

For sale:

2" BOSS LIFT KIT (no hardware) - $150
1.5" ANDERSEN DESIGN SUBFRAME DROP (all hardware) - $130
'95 OUTBACK STEERING COUPLER - $10

KING SPRINGS (front and rear, standard height, progressive, stiffer) - $400

DUAL RANGE TRANSMISSION ('87 GL. 250,000km. no console) - $200
CLUTCH (50km on it) - $50

14" '88 MAZDA B2200 WHEELS (14x5-1/2.) - $100

mounted with 205/75/r14 TIRES (like new, can't remember brand as they are in storage) - $150
26.1" FIRESTONE WINTERFORCE TIRES 205/75/r14 (like new) - $150
6 BOLT REDRILLED HUBS (may not be perfect, have not pressed in lugs) and more EXTRA HUBS AND LUGS - free with tire set

'90 NISSAN MAXIMA ALTERNATOR (new, remanned, includes Subaru spacer and pulley) - $150

I also have fog lights, roof bars, ski box and tons of other Subaru parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations on paint that will last?

The best paint Ive ever used is called POR15. Its pretty crazy stuff dries super hard and is damn near impossible to remove. The only problem with it is its not uv resistant and if its not covered by something it will oxidize.