Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn California Soobers:Oceano Dunes Run

Anyone interested in going to Oceano Dunes SVRA for a run on May 22nd?

Cost for Day use is $4.00.

I will be going there from Santa Barbara. Expect to be there by 11:00 at the latest. Will probably wheel for a few hours.

I also hope to get engaged on that day.

At this point we will have a OBS and a BRAT. Anyone in the area or willing to take the drive are welcome.

BW

is that the same as pismo beach? sounds like fun but I cant make it. proposal at the beach? you better be there by your self for that. and makesure you have the right one. I am happy as a married man but I have seen others make the wrong choices. Have you lived together for a while?

well good luck and have fun ;)

Yep same as Pismo Beach.

Plan to go there and drive around for a little bit. Some wheeling and some scoob nuts. This is her first time wheeling. Hope to make it fun. :)

Then my roommate in the BRAT is going to fake a breakdown and he and my other bud will sit there and try to fix it. They will suggest that I head out and keep driving. As we drive away, they will start setting up a tent and decorate it.

When they are done they will radio me and tell me that they have it fixed and we are ready to go.

Head back and there will be this tent. Inside the tent will be a table and lights (maybe candles if not too much of a fire hazard.) Will tell her how great she is etc etc etc... and then BAM....

Hope to catch this on video so I can send it back to her parents in Tennesse and my parents in Virginia.

:) YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting engaged :banana:

AW man!! I wish my subaru was running... but, unfortunately, its still getting monsterized. I live in SLO, and I work in Grover Beach! but hey if you actually DO break any parts, Call up grand auto, I work there.. 489-4122 We probably have what ya need, and if not, I probably have it sittin at home.. :D

-Mike

(hope she says yes!)

There is a glitch in the matrix.....:(

I had a meeting w/Tonya and our minister.

There are some things that they are concerned about. Mostly is my mismanagement of my money.

We are both pretty loose about how we spend our money, but I am more of a spend thrift than she is. So the plan is to let someone help me with my $$$ for six weeks or so and help me to get some better habits (ie- no buying random soobs b/c it's a good deal :-p .)

Good thing I am VERY happy w/the BRAT.

So that is the deal. We may not even go wheeling b/c the people that we were going with have flaked out. Ohh well, the BRAT needs to have the rear wheel bearing replaced and a front DOJ boot replace anyways.

Will be looking at mid to end of June. May have to re-think the idea of how to pop the question.

BW