Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Brat 4" lift ac help!

You need to fab lift blocks for the ac compressor, and run a longer belt.

The AC compressor needs to remain as close to the same location as it was before the lift.

My rig is sitting on 2.5" of lift.

You can see the blocks and hardware here...

RUlift11.jpg

• Like 1

For the top of the struts I just used the same 2x4 spacers I used in the body lift.

That won't work. They have to be cut at an angle to maintain stock geometry. 15* or 17* degrees comes to mind, but the correct information is all over the forum, complete with pictures.

Good luck!

Dan

That won't work. They have to be cut at an angle to maintain stock geometry. 15* or 17* degrees comes to mind, but the correct information is all over the forum, complete with pictures.

Good luck!

Dan

the angles youre quoting are for a gen3 vehicle. OP has a gen 2

the angles youre quoting are for a gen3 vehicle. OP has a gen 2

That was helpful. Is this better?

You don't get it. You're not accounting for the fact that the subframe drops equally to the blocks. If done right, there is NO CHANGE to the arm relative to the subframe.

When you cut blocks for a lift kit, it DOESN"T matter how big you go on the lift. You match the angle of the mounting plate in the car relative to vertical.

IF you match that angle, the tube will sit excactly vertical, and the geometry doens't change.

2 inch or 12 inch or 20 inch. Angle stays the same.

16 degrees for EJ (Legacy, Imp, Forrester)

17 degrees for EA82

14 degrees for EA81

22 Degrees for EA71

vague and restrained is far better than halfbaked wrong info. it also serves to promt newer users to search, and learn. that way we all grow. btw since this wasnt a "how do i build a lift kit" thread i didnt find it particularly helpful to clutter it with such.

Edited by Subruise