Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally, The Junkyard Justy Webpage is done

That means you can see some of the photos I have of the car within the last weeks work.

I know all of the current pics on the page are using a web cam, but I am getting the photos of the construction developed from film, and getting more digital pics of the car as it is right now (using a real digital camera).

I am trying a new format using frames. I am not a web builder by any means, so the process is slow and painful.

Check it out. Rough as the pics are, they show just how crazy the car is.

I will be posting an update every saturday night, as saturday is when I usaually show the most progress. Pics will be posted at the same time, even if I have to use the web cam.

I think I fixed the problems some of you were having. I just kinda went with defaults when I made the page, and then hoped it would work. Luckily you posted your problems and I recognized your problems as some toggles in front page. I think it should work now.This setup is much easier for me to update than the IP provided web authoring tools.

Look at me, some sort of web guy, that kinda sucks.

It's more fun to look than to build, for darn sure.

About the coil overs;

They are home brew, based on 2000 explorer shocks, and some ricer aftermarket adjustable spring perches and springs. I built a pair before, and they worked very well. The key is to support the bits properly by welding in gussets and tacking the lower spring perch into place on the shock. VERY CAREFULLY. Done properly it is plenty strong, and can be re-used on the next set when this one dies. The shock engineer I spoke with from Rancho thought that they would never be used as hard as they would in their stock application. SO they should last as long as the car does.

I got the perches and springs for free and the shocks were 15 bucks each at Checker. I'm too darn cheap to spend more than that on anything!

I will be changing the springs to longer ones to take advantage of all 12 or so inches of travel built into the system. In a perfect world the total travel is over 14 inches, but the upper and lower ball joints just don't agree.

Thats some cool coilover tech! If I were to go find the parts I need to make a pair, what are the exact names for the parts. Part #s would be really cool. I need to do this for the rear of the wagon.

If you have access to sheetmetal facilities a justy-esque front end (with less curvature) could be made fairly easily. You should make the front end out of aluminum ;) You are rear mounting the rad, right?