Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '94 Loyale: Subaru Utility Wagon

SubaruJawn

Jawn, I'm located pretty close to you and I have a pair of Mill Supply rocker panels NIB for a Loyale that I have no use for currently. It looks like you could use them and I could definitely be persuaded to give them up pretty cheap. If you want them let me know.

Either way, we should do a subie meet up. I'd love to see your xt6 since I've never actually seen one in person, and I can bring the Ski Wagon or BRAT to share.

• Like 2

Nah, your only about 45 minutes away. I find myself in Franklin fairly often.

Off the road already? You're even more paranoid about rust than I am! No snow or salt yet, so I'm not putting the Ski Wagon or BRAT away for a few weeks probably.

If I head up to Franklin any time soon, I'll let you know ahead of time and maybe we can do a quick meet. Otherwise we should meet up in the spring when all the cars are out!

• Like 1

Nah, your only about 45 minutes away. I find myself in Franklin fairly often.

Off the road already? You're even more paranoid about rust than I am! No snow or salt yet, so I'm not putting the Ski Wagon or BRAT away for a few weeks probably.

If I head up to Franklin any time soon, I'll let you know ahead of time and maybe we can do a quick meet. Otherwise we should meet up in the spring when all the cars are out!

yeah that would be good. 45 min not bad. i could show you my XT6 which is out in the boonies at my aunts in her garage.

i am upgrading to LED at very slow rate. (step 1 of modernizing)

yeah we got snow not a lot but its snow.

It's not a bad idea to be honest. Just be sure you use bulbs that don't have the circuit boards exposed, as they get moisture in them and corrode easily. Just as well, for the turn signals, be forewarned that the relays in the car do not support these bulbs; the result is the blinkers flashing at a faster rate (as if you had a light out). Find some ballasts to correct it or simply ignore it.

It's not a bad idea to be honest. Just be sure you use bulbs that don't have the circuit boards exposed, as they get moisture in them and corrode easily. Just as well, for the turn signals, be forewarned that the relays in the car do not support these bulbs; the result is the blinkers flashing at a faster rate (as if you had a light out). Find some ballasts to correct it or simply ignore it.

yeah use less electricity and are brighter, i get my LED from SuperBrightLEDs.com and the other 2 at walmart.

i am aware of the Turn signals they have an L.E.D Flasher for my Loyale and i must make sure the bulbs are the same color as the lens. amber for turnsignals and red for brake lights.

is there anything i could use to replace it ? another clock ? something else ?

i removed the clock and those wires were already cut, i have no idea if it hold the time, it doesnt light up to well.

Times like these, I'm thoroughly impressed by Subaru's bare bones digital clock in the speedometer cluster (for the 90's impreza's).

:D Go get yourself a nice Kmart Special Seiko, or some other fancy looking analog watch. Take the straps off, and mount in the dash.

Infiniti mod FTW haha

Also, I second Bratman18's recommendation of user Gloyale

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/user/17152-gloyale/

He got me out of a tough bind, when no one else would step up. Could not have asked for better help, awesome guy!

Edited by SnatchedHatch

Customize my Grill..

so i had an extra grill laying around ( from subie actually)

i thought about customizing it. so far the plan is to cut the center out and install Mesh.

Not done yet..

DSC00031_zpsf5b9fa52.jpg

DSC00034_zps7a7eda71.jpg

Installed some LED Bulbs (not yet done)

1107141804_zpsfb61e089.jpg

1113141118_zps46da402a.jpg

1113141120a_zps47900127.jpg

Left is LED(RED Bulb) Right is Stock

bdgfs_zps8074c1cb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes they'll bolt on no problem. But if you go from phase 1 to phase 2, then you'll need the intake manifold to match the heads. Not sure on the power. I'm sure it would be barely noticeable if at all.

good to know they bolt the same.. if i can get the EJ222's power with the older EJ221 heads i'd go that route for my EJ swap..

i noticed how much better the EJ222 feels over the EJ221 when i had my 99 obs, i thought it was an EJ25 ! lol....