Ultimate Subaru Message Board

you could reuse it assuming it's not cracked.  sand/grind the edges of all the broken edges all down smooth, making gradual transitions and they'll do exactly what the teeth currently do - gradually engage with no impact on the belt.

but it is generally easy enough to get another one - they're easily found bratman probably has them, i probably have them...

• Like 1

I didn't even notice the manual lol, next time pull the valve covers. You can get a large wrench on the cam to hold it in place to remove the bolt more easily.

I don't think I have any extras at the momente, but I would have to look to be sure. But they are really common, I've seen a set or two posted on legacycentral and rs25 in the last couple weeks.

From the pictures from the manual in the background I'm going to guess dohc 2.5

Almost, it's SOHC, couldn't find a manual for the Forester so I was using the one for the 1st Gen Outbacks, which has references for the SOHC.

Did score a PDF for the 98-02 Forester though, I just had the Haynes handy for the timing thing.

Almost, it's SOHC, couldn't find a manual for the Forester so I was using the one for the 1st Gen Outbacks, which has references for the SOHC.

Did score a PDF for the 98-02 Forester though, I just had the Haynes handy for the timing thing.

Dang, I'm not sure if they're the same. I know the dohc ones have a lip on the edge of the top PS and the bottom DS. The top DS sprocket looks like yours, if they're the same diameter I'm sure it would work. The bottom PS one mounts differently (not a recessed bolt like the others) so probably wouldn't work. It may, but you would also probably need the corresponding bolt (probably longer)

On another note, I'd still hit up Matt(AdventureSubaru), he may have SOHC ones too.

SOOOOOOOOO    worth the money......I have one of these for each type of sprocket  (SOHC, older DOHC, newer DOHC,  ACVS)

http://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Sprocket-C23-507-Similar-499207100/dp/B00C77O1EA/ref=pd_sim_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=092C2SBVDKGKQQK19YTC

Probably not going to be doing enough of these to justify buying one or 2 of these too.

Thanks for the link though.

Probably not going to be doing enough of these to justify buying one or 2 of these too.

Thanks for the link though.

Only one is needed for the SOHC motor. 

2006+ turbos require 2 different tools......one for ACVS (intakes) and one for exhaust........(tip* the 12 point one for these newer exhaust cams will work on the six points of the older 2.5 DOHC)