ShawnW

USMB-now managed by my company RetroRoo

Ok need some help here if somone can. I paid for the silver membership but still after a week have no access to chat or what was promised with the silver membership. My plans on joining this site was mainly for education about subarus and when i saw a good deal on one post an ad or two. By no means was i trying to flood the for sale forum and all my oost have been removed with out fair warning. What gives?

• Like 2

Ok need some help here if someone can. I paid for the silver membership but still after a week have no access to chat or what was promised with the silver membership. My plans on joining this site was mainly for education about subarus and when i saw a good deal on one post an ad or two. By no means was i trying to flood the for sale forum and all my posts have been removed with out fair warning. What gives? Who can I contact about this? 

OKAY, third try.

Tried twice to post his as new topic in differnet areas.

Got "forbidden" message from both.

So I am posting here in hopes SOMEONE will see it.

So...... I tried posting this in the "discussions" area and got a "forbidden" message.

So move this if needed but I want it to be seen and discussed as it is a serious issue.

WTF do we do to stop these trolls from spamming us with pages of Russian and Ukrainian phishing scams?

Clearly, these are not Subaru enthusiasts who just happen to want to sell us cryto currency and mail order brides.

tighten up or completely change sign-up process?  No posts made public until first 5 posts are reviewed?  Small (under $5) fee for membership?

IDK, but I am getting really sick of this, and afraid that someone is gonna get hacked and scammed.

• Like 2

There was a post In the 'site help' section, in which I inquired ti the Mods if there was anything we, as users, could do to help. Haven't gotten much of a reply.

From both a forum user and overall business standpoint, it does put on quite a bad face when new members go to scroll through and find a bunch of spam.

Edited by charles_thomas

There was a post In the 'site help' section, in which I inquired ti the Mods if there was anything we, as users, could do to help. Haven't gotten much of a reply.

From both a forum user and overall business standpoint, it does put on quite a bad face when new members go to scroll through and find a bunch of spam.

Believe me, the Mods and Admins want to stop this invasion just as much as you want it stopped.  All I know to do is delete them as I come across them--or when they are reported by you.  So until a solution is found keep on reporting them.  And please do try to be patient--good folks behind the scenes are trying to come up with an acceptable fix for the problem.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.  Here's to an even Happier New Year!

• Like 1