Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to Subaru's from PA.

Hey, joined the forum when I was thinking of purchasing an old Subaru for winter and was concerned about the enagagment delay in drive. Got that all cleared up and followed what I was told by adding Trans-X last night and so far so good. But yeah I'm from PA purchased a 2000 Legacy Outback Limited, its in pretty descent shape for its age, there is a smalll rust spot right behind the back door on both the driver and passenger side above the gold. I know y'all have seen Subarus before but here's what I picked up.....

post-55773-0-92930200-1415626880_thumb.jpg

post-55773-0-95116800-1415626882_thumb.jpg

Hello from Pittsburgh! Congratulations on the new ride. I always loved the Outback sedans.

Is that the 4 or 6 cylinder?

Sorry I didn't respond, forgot to subscribe to my own thread! Use to the Explorerforum it always automatically subscibed me. But it has the 2.5 4Cyl I love this car, only been a couple days but I love it. Never thought I would ever buy or own a Subaru unless it was one from the early days when you could select 4wd. I'm impressed with the handling this has for being a sedan. I'm a truck/suv guy and always will be but this is a nice second ride. My wife will be driving it more than I will after this week but I may end up having to buy another one for myself.... ;)

I have a request....anyone that's viewing the thread, could someone share a picture of what the key fob is suppose to look like for this car? The car didn't come with one so if you lock the door and unlock with the key in the door, the alarm likes to go off. I want order one from ebay but they're showing 2 or 3 different styles for this car. I didn't know if they all interchanged or not like Ford does with many styles....

I'm not sure about interchangeability, but all 4 of the 2000-2004 subarus that I've had have this fob. They can be had online pretty cheaply and pairing them with your car is mindlessly simple.

A269ZUA111%20COLOR-2T.jpg?1399637544

You're awesome. Just knowing what its suppose to be is enough help, I will just buy two of those. Thanks!!!!